Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Beginnings

I'm relatively new to the world of knitting, having just completed my first piece, Knitty's Calorimetry.

I've been crocheting for about three years now, give or take a few months, and while I enjoy the patterns made with crochet, I seem to be finding that knitting is much more satisfying. The stitches are so much prettier to me for some reason. I guess maybe I just can't believe that I'm making things that you can buy in a store, it's rather odd for me.

I recently found two local yarn stores (LYSs) to get high-quality yarn from, Artistic Needles and Knit & Caboodle, both in Saint Charles. before that I'd been going to Michaels and other craft stores, but the selection there leaves something to be desired. If you don't mind tons of acrylic and weird furry yarn, that's the place to go.

Currently on the needles is MagKnits' A Scarf Askew, to complement my calorimetry. I also have a pair of socks going, and since I'm going on a cruise next week, I expect I'll find time to work on both of them.

No comments: