Saturday, January 5, 2008

I always have to make things complicated

After frogging the Lady E shawl twice (and having to start over a third time because I tore the yarn in my anger) yesterday, I finally figured it out today.

Here's where I was stuck:

Once finishing the base row, I had to make a triangle. At one point, the directions say to knit to the last stitch, make one, and knit one. I hate ambiguous wording like that, because I've seen it mean more than one thing. Sometimes it's knit until you have one stitch left, make one and knit that one. Sometimes it me?ans knit until you have no more stitches, make one and knit the one you just picked up.

I was doing the former, and I did that every time before I ended up frogging. Out of frustration I tried the latter option tonight, and it worked. I'm now almost done with the first of the first tiers.

Why do I always have to make things more difficult for myself?

No comments: