Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm such a girl

As much as I bluster and act like I'm a badass, I am completely undone by sappy love stories.

You see, I'm a romantic at heart. I love a good love story, one where true love prevails in the end, no matter what happens. Even if it's a cartoon, I love it (I always bawl at the end of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I can't help it.

We saw Disney's Enchanted last night, and I couldn't believe how much I loved it. I loved that the happy princess, who'd never been angry in her life, realizes that there's more to life than breaking into song and talking to her animal friends. I loved that the hardbitten NYC divorce lawyer opens his eyes and sees how wonderful life can be if you don't take it for granted. And that the little girl got a real princess for a mother.

And of course that, in the end, everyone lived happily ever after.

The cynic I say that I am cringes, looking for the nearest exit, but it won't find one. I got my own happily ever after, and I love to see others get it, too, even if it's just a movie.

The music was great, too, and I was digging on the costumes at the Kings and Queens Ball. I secretly love dresses and would find it completely awesome to dress up like that. Or maybe I just watch too much Highlander.

No comments: