Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lady Eleanor

So, I bought yarn for Lady Eleanor today. The overwhelming majority of knitters at Ravelry have chosen Noro Silk Garden as their yarn of choice. While beautiful, it's also about $12 a skein, and LE calls for 10 skeins to complete the shawl. Uh, that's a bit pricey, y'know?

My lovely LYS owner pointed me in the direction of Plymouth Yarn Boku (colorway 7). $7 a skein. That's much, much better.

I have to go to the library (hell, I'm so pumped I might go back out tonight) to pick up the Scarf Style book. I know it'll take me months and months to make this project, but that's okay. I don't have to compete with anyone to get it done, it's for me.

The Ropes and Ladders scarf is on hold so I can start Lady E.

ETA: The total for today's yarn escapade was $93.91. $18 of that was an Addi Turbo circular needle.

No comments: